Defensive Line Edge Pass Rush Basics
CUP Team Clinic
Before discussing the aspects of the edge pass rush progression, the speed rush and the power rush, here are the key components and basics that all successful pass rushers must understand:
1. Key components to success:
1. Take off: Explode from hips pushing from both feet.
2. Body control and leverage: Reaction, change of direction and arm extension.
3. Fire: Relentless pursuit of the football.
4. Technique: Mastery of pass rush progression and Counter.
5. Confidence: Repetition, Belief, Attitude. ... To read this article, and for full access to all CLN resources, get your MEMBERSHIP NOW.